The estate, founded in 1880 as part of a wine merchant company by Bernhard Scholl and Albert Hillebrand, has been owned by the Breuer family since the beginning of the 20th century.
Peter Breuer handed the estate to his son Georg (1910-1982), after whom it is named today. Georg enlarged the estate and increased the export of wines. His sons Heinrich and Bernhard Breuer expanded the vineyards to 15 hectares in the 80ies and have now reached with the take-over of the monopol Rauenthal Nonnenberg and further purchases a total size of 34 hectares (84 acres) in the best Rüdesheim and Rauenthal sites.
From the early eighties Bernhard Breuer’s efforts gained an international reputation for the estate.
His visions and his hard work made the estate what it is today.
After the unexpected passing of Bernhard in May 2004, his daughter Theresa together with his brother Heinrich Breuer and long term operations manager Hermann Schmoranz, devotedly took over managing the business.
Today, the estate is managed by Theresa with the continued assistance from Hermann Schmoranz and cellar master Markus Lunden.
Marlene and Marcia Breuer support the winery in matters of administration and design.